This guide covers the correct usage of the Team Energy TB6AC Intelligent Digital Balance Charger. This charger is to be used with the LiPo battery supplied with your BlackSwift product.
Upon powering up your charger it will default to the LiPo/LiIo/LiFe menu access, scrolling through the menu with the DEC and INC keys allows you to access the following programs:
This program allows a user to quickly define a Charge, Fast Charge, Balance Charge, Discharge or Storage mode for a Lithium-Ion battery. Use the following steps to configure the charger to your needs:
- Enter the LiPo/LiIo/LiFe category by using the START/ENTER key. If you are lost or need to return the the main menu use the STOP key.
- Use the DEC and INC keys to cycle through the various modes until you reach your desired mode.
- The mode will display the last presets that it was configured with, if you wish to use the same parameters than you are ready to go!
- To change the current parameters, use the START key to access the various parameters of the mode you are in.
- The blinking parameter is the one you are currently editing, to cycle through the various properties this parameter can have use the DEC and INC keys
- Use the START key once you have cycled to your desired parameter property, this will save the parameter and move on to the next one.
- Once you have edited all the parameters and saved them by using the START key after every individual change, the charger will display your edited mode with no parameters blinking. You are now ready to go! Start the charging cycle by holding down the START key.
This program allows users to load preset charger modes. All BlackSwift Tech. products sold with a TB6AC charger will have their Preset 1 configured for the product it came with. In most cases these modes will be configured for Charge, Fast Charge, Balance Charge, Discharge or Store for the the 8000mAh 11.1V MaxAmps LiPo Battery that comes with the SwiftTrainer fixed wing aircraft. To access these modes use the following steps:
- In the main menu cycle to the "Load Memory" category using the DEC and INC keys.If you are lost a need to return the the main menu use the STOP key.
- Enter the "Load Memory" category in by using the START key.
- Use the DEC and INC keys to cycle through the saved preset modes. The default Black Swift Technologies configured mode will the the 01>LiPo preset. Use the START key to access it.
- You now have access to the Charge, Fast Charge, Balance Charge, Discharge or Storage modes for your product.
- Cycle to your desired mode with the DEC and INC keys, once you have reached it you are ready to go! Start the charging cycle by holding down the START key.
If you click the START key while cycling through a memory preset modes you will now be editing that mode, this will be shown by a parameter flashing. If this is not what you desired click the START key to cycle through all the parameters until you return to the mode without any parameters flashing. Black Swift Technologies does not recommend changing Preset 1 settings as it is configured for the product it came with.
A typical charging procedure for a 8000maH MaxAmps battery is depicted here:
First we scroll through the main menu with the DEC and INC keys until we arrive at the Load Memory category. Enter the category by using the START key.
We are now presented with the numerous presets the charger can have, scroll to the 01>LiPo entry and select it
We now can select charger operation we require, in this case we wish to charge our battery. Scroll to the "CHARGE" mode
Verifying that you have correctly connected your battery to the charger proceed to hold down the START button to begin the charging cycle!